The long cold days of winter are upon us and even though we might like to dig in and hibernate, there’s still plenty of things to do in the garden. In this month’s episode we chatted about winter pruning, adding plants for winter interest, and the “language of flowers”!
- The Language of Flowers at ~2:10
- Winter Pruning at ~8:10
- Plants for winter interest ~16:45
- Native Plant of the Month (River Birch) at ~21:30
- Bug of the Month (EarWigs) at ~24:45
- Garden Tips of the Month at ~29:00
We hope you enjoyed this month’s episode and will tune in next month for more garden tips.
- If you have any garden related questions please email us at UMEGardenPodcast@gmail.com or look us up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GardenThymePodcast
- For more information about UME and these topics, please check out the UME Home and Garden Information Center website at https://extension.umd.edu/hgic
The Garden Thyme Podcast is a monthly podcast where we help you get down and dirty in your garden, with timely gardening tips, information about native plants, and more! The Garden Hoes Podcast is brought to you by the University of Maryland Extension. Hosts are Mikaela Boley- Senior Agent Associate (Talbot County) for Horticulture, Rachel Rhodes- Agent Associate for Horticulture (Queen Anne’s County), and Emily Zobel-Senior Agent Associate for Agriculture (Dorchester County). The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Equal Access Programs. We want to remind everyone that we are open to all audiences, and will continue to serve our communities.