The summer heat is here, and if you are like us, you are taking a break under the shade of a lovely tree. In this episode, we are talking all about shade — why we love it, some tips for gardening in your shady area ( 10:07 ), and a list of native plants ( 16:35 ) that enjoy the shade as much as Mikaela.
We also have our:
- Native Plant of the Month – Northern Maidenhair Fern- Adiantum pedatum at 30:35
- Bug of the Month – Eastern Beach tiger beetles at 33:50
- Garden Tips of the Month at 39:45
- If you have any garden-related questions please email us at UMEGardenPodcast@gmail.com
or look us up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GardenThymePodcast.
- For more information about the University of Maryland Extension and these topics, please check out the UME Home and Garden Information Center website at https://extension.umd.edu/hgic.
The Garden Thyme Podcast is a monthly podcast brought to you by the University of Maryland Extension. Hosts are Mikaela Boley- Senior Agent Associate (Talbot County) for Horticulture, Rachel Rhodes- Agent Associate for Horticulture (Queen Anne’s County), and Emily Zobel- Senior Agent Associate for Agriculture (Dorchester County). Theme Song: By Jason Inc.