- Are you interested in plants?
- Are you a problem solver and like to know how things work?
- Do you love teaching others?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the University of Maryland Extension (UME) Master Gardener Program might be for you!
What is the University of Maryland Extension Master Gardener Program?
The UME Master Gardener Program is designed to train participants as volunteer horticultural educators to support the UME mission by educating residents about safe, effective, and sustainable horticultural practices that build healthy gardens, landscapes, and communities. Our vision is to grow a healthier world through environmental stewardship.
Master Gardener Volunteers
- Learn new gardening skills and hone existing ones.
- Learn to solve gardening problems and teach others to do the same.
- Meet new people with similar interests.
Popular MG Programs
- Grow It Eat It
- Bay-Wise Landscaping
- Native/Invasive Plants
- Pollinators & Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Ask a Master Gardener Plant Clinic
How Do I Sign Up to Become a Master Gardener?
Please contact the UME Master Gardener Coordinator for the program nearest you. The UME Master Gardener Coordinator can answer all of your questions about becoming a Master Gardener in your area. For a full list of UME offices and MG Coordinators, please visit https://extension.umd.edu/mg/about-program/ume-master-gardener-countycity-coordinators.
If you require additional assistance, please contact the UME Master Gardener State Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-531-5557. We hope to hear from you!
By the UME Master Gardener Team at the Home & Garden Information Center