Please come to our Spring Open House event on Saturday, March 16, 9 am-noon, at the Agricultural History Farm Park in Derwood! The event is free (a $5 donation is requested) and you don’t need to register in advance.
Here’s what you can do while you’re there:
- Attend some great talks by Master Gardeners and Extension staff. You can learn how to start a vegetable garden from scratch with Robin Ritterhoff, or how to make your existing garden better with Rani Parker. Then you can choose either Seed Starting with Terri Pitts, or Soil Testing with Chuck Schuster. You’ll go home better prepared for the gardening season!
- Ask questions at our information tables. Bring any gardening queries for our plant clinic, find out about composting and take home a free composting container, learn how to save seeds and how to grow and use herbs.
- Bring your gardening tools and learn how to sharpen and care for them, and what to look for when buying new tools.
- Buy vegetable plants grown in the Montgomery College greenhouse.
- Participate in a seed swap – bring seeds someone else may want and go home with some new ones.
- Tour the demo garden and find out what we’re planning for this year.