It is finished…well almost

Many of you may remember that my cage collapsed during snowmageddon. We rebuilt it that following spring. While the chicken wire at the bottom was still in tact, the chicken wire on the top had to be removed and replaced.

Well, we finally replaced it! Now, it still has to be zip tied and rough edges trimmed with tin snips but after an entire day of backbreaking labor, we were too tired to do that. But here she is….Fat Earth!

I must send a shout to my wonderful hubby because we were both broken and tired when it was all over. He got sunburn and my shoulder popped out of place (yes it still hurts). But we got ‘er done!

Here are some piks of my lettuce and radish babies that are doing quite well now! And you should have seen my husband trying to bring the chicken wire across the top of the cage and not step on my babies….it was entertaining!

Here are the radishes (they need to be thinned out to give them room to grow and I will do that today…possibly):

Here is my lettuce. This is black seeded simpson:

And this lettuce is called silvia…it’s more of a red lettuce:

Oh! And here’s what I have waiting to go in the ground on Mother’s Day! There are several types of tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, zucchini, sweet peppers, hot peppers, basil, oregano and parsley! And what you don’t see are some wonderful scallion bulbs that are waiting in my garage to be planted! Is your mouth watering yet?

AND HERE’S THE BIG NEWS: Fat Earth is now expanding! I put out an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone had a half acre to an acre of land that they would be willing to lease to me. Well, I now have a nice-sized garden plot awaiting me at Myrtle Woods! I will be sure to post pictures of it and tell you more about it once I have the beds made! So I will really have LOTS to harvest for my family this year! I can’t wait to get started!

Until next time garden gals and guys…..happy gardening