This is what I learned and/or demonstrate during the last growing season.
It’s possible to ….
- Keep parsley in the fridge for at least 2 months and counting by putting the stems in the water and covering it with a plastic bag.
- Have 2 onion harvests ( March/April + June/July)
- Have 3 broccoli harvests ( February + May + October )
- Have 2 Yukon gold potatoes harvests ( June/July + October)
- have 2 pumpkins harvest ( July + October)
- Have 2 oilseed sunflowers harvests ( May/June + July/August)
Broccoli in February ? Yep!. Some left over from last fall who hibernate under a double cold frame. I took this picture February 19th and its ready to pick!
For the onions, took the picture on the same day, if i need green onion this weekend, I know where to find them.
And for the sunflowers, if I don’t want to do Unintentional Vegetable Philanthropy with my raspberries, I need to start to feed the birds before the raspberries ripen 🙂